For many couples, it can be a challenge to set aside quality time for making love. Whether it’s because their libidos don’t match, or life’s obligations have made them too tired for anything lascivious other than a goodnight kiss, a lot of couples fall into the trap of frequently putting off sex for another night, and then another night, (and then another night)…. and so on.
It’s a real shame when you think about it because the benefits of making love are endless! Yeah, it feels good, but more importantly, it is optimum for your health and overall quality of life. Here are just 10 (out of the many) reasons to have sex every day (or at least try). With any luck, these reasons might just be the passkey to getting you and your partner more eager for romance!
1. Higher Immunity (Woooo!)
People who make love 1-2 times a week have three times as much Immunoglobulin (a significant player in the natural antibody game) coursing through their bodies. (2)
2. Stress Reducer
Endorphins and oxytocin get released during sex, two potent chemicals that can help ward off anxiety and depression! (2) (8)
3. Mood Booster
Again, a surge of endorphins and oxytocin profoundly elevates your mood. (2) (4)
4. Natural Pain Reliever
Endorphins released during climax resemble morphine and have the same feel-good effects by stimulating morphine receptors in the brain and effectively relieving pain. (2) (8)
5. Deep Sleep
During sex, the brain releases norepinephrine, serotonin, oxytocin, and vasopressin, which can trigger the urge to cuddle or pass out. Those endorphins that make you feel great and relieve pain can also relax your mind and body and get you primed for sleep. (2)
6. Higher Energy Levels
A shot of glucose into your system after climax sharpens your brain performance, and your body can use it as energy. (6) (2)
7. Youthful Skin
Increased blood circulation and a rush of oxygen in the blood means a glowing complexion. Climax triggers a rush of endorphins and growth hormones like DHEA (a hormone produced by your body’s adrenal glands) that can even help heal the damage caused by the thinning of the skin. (2)
8. Healthy Heart
Studies show that your risk of dying from a heart attack or stroke goes DOWN as the frequency of your climaxes go UP. And just like other cardio, exercise between the sheets has the benefits of strengthening muscles and reducing your risk of heart disease. (2)
9. Libido Booster
Having more sex makes you crave it more! Lauren Streicher, MD, an assistant clinical professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago says: “For women, having sex ups vaginal lubrication, blood flow, and elasticity, all of which make making love feel better and help you crave more of it.” (8)
10. Confidence booster
Partners often have increased relationship satisfaction and confidence when they fulfill one another’s sexual desires. Positive growth in your relationship develops as a result of being able to express yourself and your sexual desires. (2)
Life gets busy, we know. However, we guarantee that you will reap the benefits of sex if you make it a priority in your life. Not is only is sex good for your relationship but it’s so good for your health. It’s good for your muscles, it’s an excellent antidepressant, and it can renew your energy (amongst many other things) – all of which goes far deeper than just a quick routine to complete when you’ve got a few spare minutes. It’s actually an investment in your relationship and your HEALTH.
- “5 Reasons You Need to Make Time for Good Sex With Your Partner.” Woman Working. May 28, 2016.
- “23 Incredible Health Benefits of Sex for Women.” Femallay.
- “Finding Time for Sex.” Engaged Marriage.
- “10 health benefits of having more sex.” CNN. Sandee LaMotte. March 12, 2018.
- “Would having sex EVERY DAY make you both happier? Expert reveals whether quantity out weighs quality when it comes to the bedroom” Daily Mail. Tracey Cox. January 25, 2017.
- “10 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex.” WebMD. Kara Mayer Robinson.
- “The Health Benefits of Sex.” Healthline. Pamela Rogers, MS, PhD. October 18, 2018.
- “This Is Why Many Couples Struggle With Sex.” Psychology Today. Susan Pease Gadoua L.C.S.W. December 6, 2015.
- “Sex Benefits: 9 reasons you should have sex everyday.” Times of India. TNN. April 11, 2021.
- “7 Healthy Reasons You Should Have Sex — Right Now!” Everyday Health. Madeline R. Vann, MPH. November 6, 2017.