The kids are at their grandparent’s home, the hubby is mowing the lawn, and you’re sitting by the pool. You are rocking the hot mom summer vibe, and the only thing missing is a refreshing drink in your hand. We have the perfect thing! This watermelon cocktail will quench your thirst and leave you feeling relaxed and refreshed. It’s the perfect accessory for this summer!
What could be better than an easy drink that also tastes good, and has the perfect amount of alcohol? Not much. Maybe a million dollars? Well, we don’t have a million dollars to give away, but we do have the perfect recipe for a cool, refreshing beverage. The best part about this recipe is how easy it is to follow. You don’t have to be a professional mixologist (or bartender as they called them when I was growing up) to make this drink a memorable one. Hopefully, you like watermelon, because that is the main ingredient in the following recipe.
Watermelon Cocktail Recipe
The recipe we are going to share with you today comes from My Heavenly Recipes and has been seen all over Pinterest recently.
|– 8 fluid ounces – Simply Watermelon Juice Drink||1) Pour the Simply Watermelon Juice Drink and Smirnoff vodka in your glass of choice, then stir.|
|– 1.5 fluid ounces – Smirnoff Zero Sugar Infusions: Watermelon + Mint||2) Squeeze your 1 lime wedge into the glass and add 4 – 5 cubes of fresh-cut watermelon.|
|– 1 Lime wedge – squeezed||3) Garnish with mint leaves or cut a slice of lime for the rim (optional)|
|– Fresh Watermelon (cut and cubed)||4) Relax and enjoy!|
|– Fresh Mint (optional for garnish)|
I like to muddle the mint instead of using it as a garnish. The watermelon and mint combination of flavor is remarkably enjoyable, and it pairs quite well with the vodka too!
As an added treat, you can freeze some of those cubed watermelon pieces. Then, use them as ice cubes to keep your watermelon cocktail cool and add flavor without watering it down.
Other Things you can do with Leftover Watermelon
You probably bought an entire watermelon, and now you don’t know what to do with the rest of that giant fruit. Well, thankfully, we have some tips for you!
- Make unique appetizers or snacks. For example, try bacon-wrapped watermelon slices or watermelon grilled salad! Or you can try having it with mustard (yes, somehow this is a thing!).
- Enjoy healthy smoothies. Watermelon is full of healthy vitamins and nutrients. Add some to your morning smoothie with banana, oats, and apple!
- Refresh yourself after dinner with watermelon desserts. Watermelon ice pops or sorbet are great options to enjoy on a summer’s night.
- Try other watermelon cocktails. A watermelon margarita or watermelon chaser after tequila is always a nice choice!
- Give the kids a treat. The tasty red fruit and ice are all you need for a quick and cool drink to please the kids and keep them quiet for a little bit.
- Watermelon salsa is perfect for BBQs. Watermelon, corn, red onion, and cilantro are the main ingredients for this yummy treat.
Get ready to enjoy your summer and go buy some watermelon!